Anyways, things here are moving right along. Adam has two more weeks of classes, then one week of studying and then finals! I think we will both be glad when we can say goodbye to lectures and move on to a company project. That being said, he is moving closer and closer to the time when he will need to decide what he wants to do when he grows up. A challenging decision when you have no idea. That being said, I'm supposed to help him with this CV, maybe someone out here would be better suited than me? Please, pretty please? In all truth, he has some ideas but just does not have the time to follow up and chat with folks in these fields. There are three weeks between this term and then next so hopefully he can set up some meetings and narrow down his ideas.
Work with me is moving very very quickly. I have fully settled in and just had a week of 90 patients, only after four weeks of being here. I have rare moments when I can catch my breath but I would not have it any other way. We are in the process of moving clinics as well, with three doctors we are in desperate need of three treatment rooms, we are sharing two right now. We will be moving on the 21st of this month and then I can have more than three days in the clinic if I would so desire. It would make my days in the clinic less hectic but at the same time the other two days of the work week are filled with networking and meetings with other professionals so we'll see.
We had a fabulous trip to London last weekend. A great friend of ours from Colorado was in London visiting her sister. We were able to meet her family and have a great visit, sharing plenty of laughs with an 11 year old and enjoying delicious meals with our new friends. Walking quickly through town we were able to see Buckingham Palace which is ridiculously huge, on our way to some fantastic shopping. Yes I know, those of you who know me well know I hate hate hate shopping but we were in dire need of some different clothes, the weather from Colorado to Dublin is quite different. So London is the place to shop and we truly took advantage of it. The other major site we saw while we were in town was the Prime Meridian, quite interesting and part of a beautiful park in the neat city of Greenwich. All in all it was a fantastic trip. Learning how the trains work was a steep learning curve for Adam and I but I'm confident in our skills now. It was also my first trip with Ryan Air and potentially my last. I enjoy the comforts of having an assigned seat as well as not being sold smokeless cigarettes and scratch tickets. Those of you who have flown Ryan Air understand my pain. I will be accumulating more Aer Lingus frequent flyer miles from now on.
Our first St. Patrick's Day is coming up here in Dublin. The city has somehow been cleaned up a bit more than usual. Banner's are flying and storefront's are covered in green. I'm most excited about the parade which will actually be on St. Patrick's Day not the weekend before. And for our American friends Thursday is a public holiday, businesses are closed, very very similar to the 4th of July. We'll post pictures of the parade so you all can plan to join us next year.
Other news is that Adam's parents are coming for a visit. We are over the moon excited! Our first guests from home and family which is always fantastic. Maybe Jan can help me find a proper ball gown, for the Trinity Ball on the 8th of April.
Hopefully you have all recovered from drinking your green beer, by the way, we don't do that nonsense here!
No comments:
Post a Comment