31 August, 2010

exhausted

So it's going to be a short one as we are exhausted! Got the keys to the house last night so we knew that today we were going to have 10 hours of cleaning ahead of us. The place was gross! Grease all over the kitchen, garbage in the cupboards, dust bunnies everywhere you look. So I know some of your are saying that it probably wasn't that bad because I'm ridiculously clean, but even Adam was uncomfortable with how dirty it was. So after buckets full of dirty water down the drain and several vacuum canisters later, the house is live-able. I will be cleaning more tomorrow and for the next couple of days but it's nice to have our things unpacked and in a drawers and a wardrobe. Interview number one is scheduled for tomorrow, most of you will still be sleeping when I go in. It's an office I chatted with months ago, they hired two doctors and they are so busy now that neither of the doctors can take on new patients. I'm curious to see exactly what they are up to. I'm also meeting with a doctor on Thursday. He is an Australian that has been here for years. He and his brother, also a chiropractor, have four clinics here in the Dublin area. He has helped many people with work permits to that is a huge plus. I also spoke with a doctor on the phone from England near London. She actually knows several of my professors from school, which was just odd. I've learned that to practice in the UK I would need to take another board, and the next one is not available until November. Many things are still up in the air but we are finally feeling like we belong here, having a home helps a ton! We'll post pictures once the cleaning is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment