26 August, 2010

runonsentences

Maybe some day we will figure out how to separate paragraphs, until then, run on! Things really are moving along. We placed a deposit just today on our new home. I say new but it's probably older than most of the US. We are so ready to move out of our hotel home. It's a lovely place but I think I can speak for both of us that there is only so much take away that anyone wants to eat and it's time to get clothes out of space bags and into drawers. We still cannot find my socks, so mom you might need to send me some soon, and it's kinda cool here so flip flops don't work so well. So I'm hoping that upon unpacking we will find everything else we have misplaced, including my socks. I have about 30 emails in with chiropractic clinics here in Ireland as well as in the UK. Replying to emails is not at the top of the priority list I am reminded of again. Met with a very sweet gal today about opening my own practice here in Dublin. Needless to say I believe that they are trying to keep small businesses out of this country. They require that you have 300,000 euro in your account for 2 months before you apply for business permission. You also need to have a space rented before you apply for business permission. Then once you receive permission you are required to create jobs for 2 Irish citizens. Not impossible but we are starting to wonder if Ireland is our forever home. Oh and the business permission is only for 12 months, might be too many hoops to jump through if we will only be here for 1 year while Adam is studying. Which leads me to the explanation then of why I am emailing doctors in the UK. It is much easier to get a work permit. Enough said. There are about three times the amount of jobs listed in the UK vs. Ireland and it's as easy as a 100 euro round trip from London to Dublin, making weekend trips to see each other a real option. Not the ideal situation by any means, we are still expecting that a chiropractic clinic here in Dublin will come through as a friend just reminded me, shit always buffs out, and for some reason I always seem to land on my feet. Here's to hoping the bike guy calls soon, I have never seen Adam so utterly bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment