25 November, 2010

Thanksgiving...In a Bar

Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope this Turkey Day finds you all well, hungry and ready to watch football. Thanksgiving isn't celebrated here, but the American contingent of our class has organized dinner. In a bar. Seriously. One of the local guys in class hass access to a local bar/club, so we booked out one of the private rooms for the class. I'm looking forward to it even though I will definitely be missing all of you back home.
Although I am away from my family and friends back home, I am still thankful for many things. First and foremost I am thankful for my wonderful girlfriend Bethany, although we are apart at the moment I am still the luckiest guy in the world to have her in my life and love her more than anything. I am also thankful for my family who continues to offer love and support, even from 5,000 miles away. I am thankful for my friends back home whom I miss very much and look forward to seeing as well as my friends here in Ireland. Finally, I am thankful for my health which is allowing me to keep going in class. Ask me in three weeks what I'm grateful for and I will surely say passing my exams.
I hope you all have a wonderful Thanksgiving, I miss you all, have a drumstick and some green bean casserole for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment