Adam is working hard in school. It's the third week already and the group projects and presentations are adding up. Group meetings on Friday and Saturday as well as after school some evenings. Thankfully the group works well together and are very efficient at getting things done. And they even have fun together. We visited Octoberfest with a few of Adam's classmates, you get beer one liter at a time which can make for a quick night. Another classmate had everyone over this past weekend for a barbeque. His apartment has a grill, the first one we have seen.
We also made a trip to the zoo since we have last posted. It's northwest of where we live but only about a thirty minute bus ride. We often go places on the bus we have never been so I'm always concerned about how to know when we get there without going too far past it. Thankfully the bus to the zoo shuts off at the zoo stop so you know everyone has to get off the bus, it's like that with the Ikea buss too. The zoo here is much smaller and doesn't have the all of the same animals. Of course there are the obvious elephants, giraffes, zebras but there were a lot of rhino's and even pigs and cows. Although if you grew up in the city a pig and a cow are not something you are familiar with.
My bike is now all fixed up, it's been a long process. It was nice to ride into town this morning and be back home within one hour. It's normally quite a time consuming trip to one store. Although my trip to the grocery was fun with my bike. Backpack filled with the heavy groceries and then two bags hanging from the handlebars. Needless to say cars and buses stayed clear of me. I'm just enjoying the efficiency of my bike, although my butt is not used to riding yet.
It's time to start exploring more of the country, so we are looking for places to take the train too. Apparently you can surf on the western side of the country so Adam's very interested. I found a place near Dublin where we can become certified to jump out of airplanes without help. Although riding our bikes in traffic in the bus lane is an adrenaline rush enough. I'm interested in seeing Giant's Causeway, not sure if you have to go through customs to get there though.
Still settling in but getting used to the way things work. A friend back home said to make sure I realized it would take about three months once landing here to get fully settled. At first I though she made it a few months too long but she was absolutely right, crazy but true.
Oh and I cannot believe I did not know about the cosmetic store Lush before moving here. There is one on Pearl Street, I suggest stopping in the next time you are that direction.
No comments:
Post a Comment